Prevent Yourself against Bad Cholesterol
Prevent Yourself against Bad Cholesterol

Prevent Yourself against Bad Cholesterol

LDL opens doors to many health problems like stroke, heart attack and even Alzheimer’s.

Let explore more about Bad Cholesterol to protect yourself against the threat.;

What is Cholesterol?

When talk about cholesterol, most of the people related it to something bad, but the story is not quite that. It is imperative for the body as it acts as a reserve of energy. In addition, it is present in the membranes of all cells, in brain tissue and steroid hormones, responsible for sexual characteristics. About 30% of the body’s cholesterol comes from food, the other 70% are manufactured by the body itself.

LDLThe bad cholesterol

LDL needs to be tackled at all costs. It is that it deposits on the walls of the blood vessels until it forms a plate of fat and even interrupts the flow of blood. This increases the chances of heart attack, stroke and Alzheimer’s disease. Recent research has also shown that it undermines female fertility. It is recommended that it be kept below 160 mg / dl.

HDL: The good cholesterol

HDL stands for high density lipoprotein. Translating: it is a protein that circulates through the blood vessels seeking and clearing traces of LDL. With the cleaning by LDL, the bad cholesterol will be sent to the liver and be destroyed. That is why HDL must always be higher than LDL for a healthy purpose. The normal rates, which you can check from a blood test, should be above 40 mg / dl but ideally exceed 60 mg / dl.

Diet to reduce bad cholesterol

Some foods can lower the bad cholesterol by up to 13%. How about incorporating them into the menu?

Mint juice;

Bitter chocolate;

Soybeans, beans, chickpeas;

Apple, orange, guava;

Oats, amaranth;

Nuts, nuts.

bad

Exercise to tackle bad cholesterol

The practice of physical activity is fundamental in the fight against bad cholesterol. Exercise can lowers LDL and increases HDL. To achieve this encouraging result though, you have to work out at least 40 minutes a day. Swimming, walking and running are among the most recommended activities. Allied to a balanced diet, are the first cares indicated to combat the high in bad cholesterol.

About Thomas

Check Also

Benefits of Hibiscus Tea

Benefits of Hibiscus Tea

Hibiscus Tea is the darling of the moment, but then, do you know why?Check below the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *