Lil Durk is a famous name all around the world. He is an American singer and rapper. The real name of Lil Durk is Durk Derrick Banks, you can call Lil Durk as stage name. Durk founded the record label Only the Family (OTF). He got his break from the release of mixtape series Signed to the Streets around 2014. He gained massive recognition after he signed a deal with the prestigious Def Jam Recordings after its release Durk’s single Viral Moment secured place on the Billboard Hot 100. He got that after a long time but he eventually got his name on the Billboard. Lil Durk has a promising career and has secured a lot of success with still a long way to go.
Durk was born in Chicago, US on 19 October, 1992. He saw troubles from the beginning which ultimately gave him the fire to come out of this misery. His early life is filled with hurdles of all sorts. He dropped out of school to join a gang, became father at 17, faced shortage of basic necessities and much more. The important thing is that he came out of all that and led his way towards a successful and respectable career.
In 2011, he decided to focus on music, his one true passion. His two singles “Sneak Dissin'” and “I’ma Hitta” received general positive response. Later he went on to release many more hit songs like “3 Headed Goat”, “Backdoor,” and “The Voice” among others. His latest work is “The Voice of the Heroes” released in 2021 and made a prominent place on Billboard 200.
Lil Durk Net-Worth
Lil Durk started from the very bottom and is now on his way to the top. One time he shared that often there was not enough food in the house when he was a kid. All of these things pushed him further to change his life. Now he is a name known all around. His records are sold in hundreds of thousands and he has a cult following. As of 2021, the net-worth of Lil Durk stands around $3 million.
Lil Durk Quotes
His lyrics and quotes are often reverberated by his fans. Some of his famous quotes are compiled below.
- “Stay working. Stay busy. It should be motivation instead of downtime because downtime is like being depressed. It shouldn’t be like that.”
- “Loyalty over all that made up sh*t.”
- “Not loyalty you’re a f*cking n*gga can’t claim what I claim.”
- “The ppl who never did shit for me always expect me to break my neck for them.”
- “I do this for my family they don’t understand me. No new ni*gas round me they don’t understand me.”
- “I’m a good guy at the end of the day, you know what I’m saying? A lot of people will believe what they see in the media for a long time ago. I’m just growing as an artist and as a person.”
- “It’s important to always put your city on your back no matter who comes from there,” Durk tells me over the phone. “On your end, you just make sure you support your home. Who really supports you and loves you? That’s your hometown.”
- “Yeah, it’s where I’m from. It’s important to always put your city on your back no matter who comes from there. On your end, you just make sure you support your home. Who really supports you and loves you? That’s your hometown.”
Image By: Vulture.com